Green House adopters and enthusiasts across the country came together last month during National Nursing Home Week to educate their local communities and policymakers about The Green House difference. This year, the American Health Care Association used the Hawaiian theme, “Living the Aloha Spirit,” for the week. The Green House model’s core values of Meaningful Life, Empowered Staff, and Real Home, aligned closely with this year’s theme and we were excited to invite communities across the country to see the difference that our model offers for elders and their families.
Here are just some of our success stories from that week:
- From February 2014 to today, we have gained 220 followers on Twitter totaling 1,635
- From April 2014 to today, we have received 73 new likes on Facebook totaling 2,483
- Two templates were added to our Support the Movement page
- Sample Letter to the Editor
- Sample Letter to a Policymaker
- Editorial from the Guide at The Green House Homes at VA Illiana Health Care System in Danville, IL was printed in two local papers
- The Guide with the Green House homes at Mirasol in Lakewood, CO wrote an editorial
- Three policymakers site visits occurred in conjunction with National Nursing Home Week:
- Photos like the one you see above from St. Martin’s in the Pines in Birmingham, AL were shared and added to our Flickr account
A big thank you to all who participated!
Want to learn more? Visit our Support the Movement page and use our policymaker site visit letter and editorial sample and share these tools with your Green House home friends and colleagues.
Contact Meaghan McMahon at (email@example.com) with your questions or comments.